The Israel military has ordered civilians in multiple areas of the northern Gaza Strip to evacuate immediately, citing intercepted rocket fire from Palestinian territory.
Military spokesman Avichay Adraee on Wednesday urged residents to “move immediately west to the shelters in Gaza City,” accusing “terrorist organisations” of launching attacks “from among civilians.”
Earlier on Wednesday, Israel’s military said its air defence systems intercepted two rockets fired from northern Gaza. Air raid sirens sounded in communities near the Palestinian enclave, police said. Israel also tightened its grip on the southern part of the enclave.